I totally fell in love with this Zebra print cotton and decided to make a little box pleat dress, the trick with box pleats is to get the pattern match exactly in-line or it throws off the whole effect. Also as it happens my over-locker has just arrived and I can’t wait to play with it.
Well, here it is the finished Re-mixed Dimensions collection. I’m so happy with these final pieces, there’re all very different but sit well together. Constructed textiles are amongst my favourites due to how tactile you can make them.
I have to give a hugh thank you to Catherine who modelled for me, she looks amazing.
Introducing my new swing tag [I’m so excited about these!] the wonderful people at printed.com managed to print swing tags for me and they match my new business cards – which had be changed when I changed my domain. If you have yet to discover printed.com I fully recommend them, all of their products are finished to such an impeccably high standard.
After initial researching of all the various things I found influential for this project. I started playing with adornment of my own, using different weighted and textured materials and making each piece individually, decorating them by hand or with a sewing machine and arranging each piece onto a stand to create a silhouette I like, then sewing all the various pieces together by hand, so that it may be worn on the body.
These are some constructed textile experiments I’ve played with, I’m quite happy with them and I’ve used a wide range of methods these are fun to make and if you haven’t tried felting before I highly recommend it.
Over the last week I’ve been playing with constructed textiles and thought I’d try laying brass buttons in a dish of latex (so much fun!) It took about 3 days to dry out and when I removed the buttons the latex had imprinted the pattern and taken the colouring from them. Now I can cut them up and use them as buttons.
Conveying layers in different media, and experimenting with how it could be used on the body.